Sorry - Walk off The Earth has a new album and it has covers and one of them is Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
I'm talking about taking steps forwards and backwards because -
- Got my 'medium distance' glasses! I think they're a little helpful. I still gotta keep my shoulders down to prevent migraines. It's so funny how people think I didn't consider readers. Or that there's a reason I shy away from progressives --
--
foot pain is improving slowly and steadily and I am going to enter the 'always wear house slippers' club. which is tough bc I'm the sort of person that -- till now--- went outside barefoot whenever I'm doing stuff in the yard. Why bother with shoes if I'm not being Around People? And now I accept that my feet need support. My orthofeet sneakers were delivered today, so I'm going to start adjusting to 'I wear Black and Pink Sneakers to work' and try to adjust outfits accordingly.
--
I wonder if I can tell my hairdresser I want Trent Crimm's look. I have an anchorwoman bob right now.
--
We had a 504 meeting for liz school today so I came in late - was going to Take The Day to hang with inlaws, but a) they left at 7 am and b) behind at work. But I am not to be outdone by myself so I got a fabulous latte and fabulous pastry (a cardamom knot!) Here's the thing, cardamom is awesome and smells good, but it does NOT go away. I need to finish this giant pastry so it stops smelling cardamomy in here.
504 mtg went well. She's off to a good start! She's still herself with her overwhelms & anxieties!
I had a panic last night because I was triple booked - homework with kiddo, dinner with family, and therapy with kiddo. I cancelled the therapy (again) (shit) and family said 'you should have a calm night' and cancelled so we did homework as best we could.
I'm talking about taking steps forwards and backwards because -
- Got my 'medium distance' glasses! I think they're a little helpful. I still gotta keep my shoulders down to prevent migraines. It's so funny how people think I didn't consider readers. Or that there's a reason I shy away from progressives --
- First, my vision is worse than readers can correct for at 6x mag (roughly, i forget if it's more or high 5s, and which eye is which.) Anyway readers usually max out at like, 3?
- Second, I also have astigmatism and I think glasses do some special magic for that where they have to be customized and off the rack lenses won't work.
- Third, I also have googly eyes (strabismus, I think it's called?) so my glasses have a strong angle to help my eyes work together to see. And that's why I needed a Medium Distance pair - the focus for 10 ft and more is very different from an arm away.
- Fourth, my depth perception is shitty and I struggle on stairs sometimes because I can't tell how big they are and get panicky. Or if a line on the floor is a trip hazard or just a line. I think progressives or bifocals would suck for that.
- Also trying to magnify chrome to 125.
--
foot pain is improving slowly and steadily and I am going to enter the 'always wear house slippers' club. which is tough bc I'm the sort of person that -- till now--- went outside barefoot whenever I'm doing stuff in the yard. Why bother with shoes if I'm not being Around People? And now I accept that my feet need support. My orthofeet sneakers were delivered today, so I'm going to start adjusting to 'I wear Black and Pink Sneakers to work' and try to adjust outfits accordingly.
--
I wonder if I can tell my hairdresser I want Trent Crimm's look. I have an anchorwoman bob right now.
--
We had a 504 meeting for liz school today so I came in late - was going to Take The Day to hang with inlaws, but a) they left at 7 am and b) behind at work. But I am not to be outdone by myself so I got a fabulous latte and fabulous pastry (a cardamom knot!) Here's the thing, cardamom is awesome and smells good, but it does NOT go away. I need to finish this giant pastry so it stops smelling cardamomy in here.
504 mtg went well. She's off to a good start! She's still herself with her overwhelms & anxieties!
I had a panic last night because I was triple booked - homework with kiddo, dinner with family, and therapy with kiddo. I cancelled the therapy (again) (shit) and family said 'you should have a calm night' and cancelled so we did homework as best we could.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-04 07:00 pm (UTC)With you in the weird eyes club. I have a prism in my glasses to correct my astigmatism and geez it helps make my lenses expensive.
I also wear something around the house to help my feet and started after I had PF. I find these to be supportive, often on sale, and often in cheery colors: https://easyspirit.com/collections/traveltime-collection?filter.v.availability=1