alicevangeline: A hat that says "Ask me about my Cat" in ribbon script with a cute cat with a bow. (Default)
[personal profile] alicevangeline
First off.
I kind of hate that the algo has me deeply embedded in people talking about it all the time.  I like SOME content, insights, comedy - but the way my algo is these days, it's TOO full of it.  So I end up saying 'people. you're more than how your brain works. I know it's an important part of you, but don't make it your identity.'  then i realize it's probably just content.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I do have a thing or two to say about brains myself!
 
What prompted me to start this lil entry in the first place is: be proud of me, I said to myself, "just because you thought of it now, doesn't mean it's the right time to ask that question. Ask it later."  YAY ME

I was exasperated with the trainer last week for not understanding my question.  Sometimes I remember I need to set the stage and frame things more for people - to bring them over to the thing I'm going to ask about.  Other people, I don't need to do that (and with Ty, you'll lose him in that process.). I also grew up with an over-explainer -- i wonder now, if it was more that she needed to express it, than that she thought I needed the context.  (Brother & SIL are over-explainers. I roll my eyes - invisibly.). 

That's one reason I am thrilled to hang out with my Brilliant Lady Friends (that's you, most likely) -- we can keep up with each other. 

Date: 2026-08-12 02:59 pm (UTC)
sabine: (Default)
From: [personal profile] sabine
My algorithm is full of "how to fix your relationship" and "how to manifest your true potential". I am tired of it.

Profile

alicevangeline: A hat that says "Ask me about my Cat" in ribbon script with a cute cat with a bow. (Default)
alicevangeline

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  123 45
678 9 101112
1314 15 16171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 09:28 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios