things I can whisper
Jun. 25th, 2026 02:24 pm* an important person in the organization is myseriously out of office
* our walls are paperthin - we usually have the white noise machine on, but I can still hear the person directly thru the wall really clearly unless I wear my headphones and lock in.
I try not to listen, but I hear what I hear.
Anywho I like that my neighbor has a regular, looooonnnnnng call with a mentor, and he gets to vent and ask advice. That makes me happy. I am less happy when he has to vent about stuff a lot, because I don't want things to be crazy here.
I think I had good foresight to outsource the 'community liaison' work and it's developing nicely into a program right about the time I'm realizing my burnout (again) -- I am running out of energy for caring about/helping other people, running out of creativity, and can alllllllmost hand the work off.
As much as I might like to run this thing full time, I'm also dead inside right now.
* our walls are paperthin - we usually have the white noise machine on, but I can still hear the person directly thru the wall really clearly unless I wear my headphones and lock in.
I try not to listen, but I hear what I hear.
Anywho I like that my neighbor has a regular, looooonnnnnng call with a mentor, and he gets to vent and ask advice. That makes me happy. I am less happy when he has to vent about stuff a lot, because I don't want things to be crazy here.
I think I had good foresight to outsource the 'community liaison' work and it's developing nicely into a program right about the time I'm realizing my burnout (again) -- I am running out of energy for caring about/helping other people, running out of creativity, and can alllllllmost hand the work off.
As much as I might like to run this thing full time, I'm also dead inside right now.